Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Welcome to Earth Hour 2009

Tonight ‘see’ you all in this meaningful events
8:30PM local time, wherever you live on planet earth

Objective of Earth Hour:
To help raise awareness about global warming

What we can do:
Switch off lights and electrical appliances for just one hour
This is first for me; I will start by just switch off lights only

What we get (COST):


For the first 200 kWh (1 - 200 kWh) per month= 21.8 sen/kWh

For the next 200 kWh (201 -400 kWh) per month = 33.4 sen/kWh

Just thinking what I normally doing during 8.30pm to 9.30pm:
Assume I switched off my down lights x 12 (living hall, kitchen) = 216 wh

Assume I switched off my TV X1 = 128 wh

Assume I switch off my fluorescence tubes x2 = 120 wh


Total saved energy from my side is around 444 wh which equal 9.7 sen

Haha, I can save 9.7 sen for this event


Don’t belittle the amount!!!

Assume 10% of Malaysian (Malaysia total population is around 27,730,000) joined this even, we can save up to RM26811.38 for this EARTH HOUR EVENT


Above data just my assumption that based on headcount but not based on house


What Earth get:

Ha-ha, I’m not PRO, I don’t have the data, but just imagine what the CO2 released will be reducing the harm of global warming.

Switch off the lights to show that we care about our living planet.

No comments: